For more than 20 years, I've run the DEH Speaker Series (formerly under the names Flex-Time Lawyers and Law & Reorder). The DEH Speaker Series is a quarterly programming series where I interview and moderate conversations with New York Times best-selling authors, TED speakers and thought leaders. The quarterly events draw up to 1,000 participants from companies, law firms and non-profits worldwide. The program topics vary and generally fall into three categories: careers/workplaces, women/diversity and law.
What follows below are my favorite archives, nine of which are in fireside chat formats and six of which are moderated panel discussions. If you click on the topic names below, you will be able to view a short video clip of most of the events to give you a sense of the content and speakers. Also, here's my 2 ½ Minute Sizzle Reel that includes video clips of the DEH Speaker Series to give you a further sense of how they work.
We are excited to be expanding our membership offerings. In addition to our new Archived Access, you can learn more about our new offerings on the DEH Speaker Series page of our site. Here’s a corporate invoice and an individual invoice that outlines the new offerings and payment terms. Click here to purchase Archived Access and view other membership offerings for purchase.
Fireside Chat Interviews
- March 4, 2020, interview by Debbie Epstein Henry of CBS Financial Analyst, Jill Schlesinger on the topic, Take Control of Your Financial Life.
- January 8, 2020, interview by Debbie Epstein Henry of TED Speaker, Dolly Chugh on the topic, The Psychology of Good People.
- May 16, 2019, interview by Debbie Epstein Henry of New York Times best-selling author Kim Scott on the topic, Radical Candor.
- March 27, 2019, interview by Debbie Epstein Henry of Reshma Saujani on her international best-selling book and the topic, Brave, Not Perfect.
- April 18, 2018, interview by Debbie Epstein Henry of former USA Today Editor-in-Chief and best-selling author Joanne Lipman on the topic, That's What She Said.
- January 15, 2015, interview by Debbie Epstein Henry of Good Morning America anchor Claire Shipman on the topic, The Confidence Code.
- June 26, 2014, interview by Debbie Epstein Henry of New York Times best-selling author and happiness expert Gretchen Rubin on the topic, Happiness for Lawyers.
- December 11, 2013, interview by Debbie Epstein Henry of thought leader Sylvia Ann Hewlett on the topic, (Forget a Mentor) Find a Sponsor.
- April 24, 2013, interview by Debbie Epstein Henry of thought leader Anne-Marie Slaughter on the topic, Why Women Still Can't Have it All.
Moderated Panel Discussions
- September 23, 2019, panel discussion moderated by Debbie Epstein Henry with panelists Yen Chu, Senior Vice President, General Counsel, EQUINOX; Ernest LaMont Greer, Co-President, Greenberg Traurig, LLP; Michele Coleman Mayes, Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary, The New York Public Library; and, Laurie Poulos, Vice President, General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer, TRANZACT, on the topic, General Counsel Driving the Diversity & Collaboration Agenda.
- June 14, 2018, panel discussion moderated by Debbie Epstein Henry with panelists Sheila Kearney Davidson, Executive Vice President, Chief Legal Officer & General Counsel, New York Life Insurance Company; Maria Krasnikow Harris, Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary, SoulCycle Inc.; and, Ho Shin, Executive Vice President & General Counsel, Yext, Inc., on the topic, What General Counsel Want - For Themselves, Their Teams and Their Outside Counsel.
- November 16, 2017, panel discussion moderated by Debbie Epstein Henry with panelists Wanda N. Goodloe, General Counsel, New York Tri-State Region, CBRE, Inc.; Neil S. Rosolinsky, Deputy General Counsel, Litigation & Employment of Citizens Financial Group; Trish Walsh, Executive Vice President & Chief Legal Officer, Voya Financial, Inc., on the topic, The Evolving Legal Talent Pool.
- July 27, 2017, panel discussion moderated by Debbie Epstein Henry with panelists Lisa M. Palumbo, Director, Rayonier Advanced Materials Inc. and Former Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Secretary, Parsons Brinckerhoff Group Inc.; Leslie T. Thornton, Director, Career Education Corporation and Senior Vice President, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, WGL Holdings, Inc. and Washington Gas Light Company; and, Laura Weil, Director, Carnival Corporation & PLC, Director, Christopher & Banks Corporation, Former COO, Ann Taylor, Former COO, New York & Company, and, Former CEO, Ashley Stewart Inc., on the topic, Getting Women on Corporate Boards.
- March 8, 2017, panel discussion moderated by Debbie Epstein Henry with panelists Damien Atkins, General Counsel, Hershey's and Former General Counsel, Panasonic Corporation of North America; Alan Bryan, Senior Associate General Counsel - Legal Operations and Outside Counsel Management, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.; Mark Roellig, former Chief Technology and Administrative Officer and former Executive Vice President and General Counsel, MassMutual; and, Nate Saint Victor, Executive Director, Morgan Stanley, on the topic, In-House Men as Diversity Allies.
- June 7, 2016, panel discussion moderated by Debbie Epstein Henry with panelists Irin Carmon, National Reporter, MSNBC and Co-Author, Notorious RBG: The Life and Times of Ruth Baber Ginsburg; and, Gillian Thomas, Senior Staff Attorney, The American Civil Liberties Union's (ACLU) Women's Rights Project and Author, Because of Sex: One Law, Ten Cases, and Fifty Years That Changed American Women's Lives at Work, on the topic, Women, Work & the Supreme Court.