Viewpoint: For leaders, the power of sharing creates a means to convey trust and compassion
Viewpoint: 10 tips for pursuing your post-pandemic life with ambition, and a dose of reality
Effective Networking and Increased Connection in a Remote and Hybrid Workplace
and inspire change.”
I love to talk.
I also love to tell stories. Stories stick and if they’re relatable, they’re more effective at inspiring change than corporate speak or platitudes.
I believe my story can inform your story. Along these lines, this site provides resources for you, including:
- My quarterly DEH Speaker Series that is webcasted live and recorded
- My podcast, Inspiration Loves Company - Tune in for new episodes on the third Wednesday of each month
- Venues where I am a public speaker in the US and abroad
- Popular speaking topics and articles I have authored
- Press features, video clips and highlights of my work
- My DEH network and how to join to receive links to current writings, events, press features, job opportunities, and future happenings
If you like what you see, perhaps you’ll recommend me as a speaker at an event you’re hosting or hire me for a consulting engagement where you or a colleague needs help. Most of all, I hope the information you find here will motivate you to make things better for you and those around you. I also hope you enjoy your stay, let me know what you think, and come back to visit often.
For more than 20 years, I’ve focused on three major areas for my public speaking:
Debbie Epstein Henry
Entrepreneur, Author & Speaker
Hi. I’m a lawyer turned entrepreneur, author, and speaker with expertise in careers, women, workplace dynamics, and law. For over 20 years, I’ve advised clients and spoken at private retreats, public venues, and conferences. My international work has brought me to wonderful places including Paris, Madrid, Vienna, The Hague, London, and more. I’ve also been fortunate to have hundreds of news outlets feature my work including The New York Times, NBC Nightly News, The Wall Street Journal, and, National Public Radio. Among my favorite things to do is host the DEH Speaker Series and the podcast, Inspiration Loves Company, where I invite thought leaders to explore how to do and be better at life, work, and everything in between.
Join our listserv, to receive information about careers, workplaces, women, and the law.
My clients range from companies, law firms and other professional service firms as well as non-profits, bar associations and law schools. I also advise individual lawyers and professionals in industries outside of law, as well as students. Types of consulting projects include:
- Corporate and law firm retreats and events
- In-person trainings and presentations
- Facilitations, workplace assessments, interviews, data analysis, reports and recommendations on women’s issues, work/life issues, redesign and efficiencies, employee satisfaction and office culture
- Work/life policy drafting, training and implementation (flexible and reduced hours; telecommuting; parental leave; re-entry back into the profession; phase back from parental or other temporary leaves; phased retirement)
- Surveys and analysis
- Counseling for management and employees
- Development and implementation of women’s and/or work/life initiatives
- Ongoing advisement and serving as point person for employers regarding episodic work/life and women’s issues
- Annual check-ups at firms and companies on women and work/life issues to measure and evaluate success
- Individual coaching
“Debbie has been a terrific partner for Kirkland in a variety of settings ranging from strategic planning with our global women partners to re-shaping our family-friendly policies and engaging senior partners via targeted programming. She took the time to understand our unique environment and history, and delivered thoughtful, engaging programming and practical solutions that have propelled us forward on the gender front.”Linda K. MyersPartner, Debt Finance Practice Group; Member, Global Management Committee, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
“Debbie Epstein Henry spoke brilliantly at our event on the evolving landscape for law firms and the changing talent pool.”Hannah KayeExecutive Producer, Intelligence Squared, Ltd., London
“Debbie Epstein Henry has consistently been ahead of the curve in innovating not only how work and family fit together, but also how law can be both good and practical.”Anne-Marie SlaughterPresident and CEO, New America; Author, Unfinished Business: Women Men Work Family
“Debbie’s consulting work for the United Nations has helped institutions pioneer new and more productive ways of thinking and working, transforming organizational culture. We’ve also been inspired by her public speaking engagements, finding her an invaluable resource on women’s issues and beyond.”Aparna MehrotraDirector, UN System Coordination Division and Focal Point for Women in the UN System, UN Women